London is rapidly evolving. The city continues to record rising levels of investment by developers. The growing population makes it a necessity to improve infrastructure now and in the future.
The proposed development projects below have ignited debates on issues ranging from cycling and transport to the value of public space and the provision of affordable housing.
1. Endless City by SURE Architecture
2. Herzog & de Meuron’s skyscraper for east London
3. Gehry and Foster’s designs for Battersea Power Station redevelopment
4. Norman Foster’s “cycling utopia” above London’s railways
5. David Chipperfield and Karakusevic Carson’s Hackney towers
6. Thomas Heatherwick’s garden bridge over the River Thames
7. Water fountains by Zaha Hadid, Hopkins and others
8. Assemble’s new art gallery at Goldsmiths