It pays to be creative. You won’t always win with the first iteration but you will figure it out in the end. Companies that thrive evolve and they are better at reinventing themselves to stay relevant. Business survival is mostly dependent on innovation and creative. Companies that pay attention to trends and respond in time are likely to stick around for a long time.
Creativity is something of an obsession in the advertising business. The most creative ad always wins. Any information, image or idea you put out there is bound to get the most attention if it’s unique, remarkable and stands out from the others. If you are not impressed with your work, don’t put it out there. But don’t obsess over over perfection. You cant achieve perfection.
These are a few of the most thought provoking things ever said about being creative.
1. “When you accept that you may fail, you can accomplish anything. Fear can be so debilitating. Every day I’m faced with difficult decisions, but losing the fear helps me make the right choices.” — Linda Kaplan Thaler
2. “Creativity and innovation are about finding unexpected solutions to obvious problems, or finding obvious solutions to unexpected problems. We should use our creativity to provide better businesses and solutions rather than constantly trying to disrupt what people are doing.” — Rei Inamoto
3. Creativity promises nothing but can give you everything. The problem most businesses have with creativity is the first part.
4. If your company isn’t innovating, it’s likely because no one is facilitating the right conversations.
5. “Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it” – Salvador Dali
6. “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people” – Leo Burnett
7. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” Albert Einstein
8. “Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It’s self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things” – Ray Bradbury
9. “Creativity is contagious, pass it on” – Albert Einstein
10. “Conditions for creativity are to be puzzled; to concentrate; to accept conflict and tension; to be born everyday; to feel a sense of self.” — Erich Fromm
11. “The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources” – Albert Einstein
12. “Originality is nothing but judicious imitation” – Voltaire
13. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”- Milton Berle
14. “A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a quip and worried to death by a frown on the right man’s brow.” – Charles Brower
15. “Creativity is one of the last remaining legal ways of gaining an unfair advantage over the competition.” – Ed Mc Cabe
16. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
17. “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” – Pablo Picasso
18. “It’s not where you take things from — it’s where you take them to.” – Jean-Luc Godard
19. “Go where the silence is and say something.” – Amy Goodman
20. “There are no rules here. We’re trying to accomplish something.” – Thomas Edison
21. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – e.e. cummings
22. “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” -Leo Burnett
23. “When we engage in what we are naturally suited to do, our work takes on the quality of play and it is play that stimulates creativity.” – Linda Naiman
24. “Conditions for creativity are to be puzzled; to concentrate; to accept conflict and tension; to be born everyday; to feel a sense of self.” — Erich Fromm
25. “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” -Scott Adams,
26. “Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training.” — Anna Freud
27. “Creativity is like washing a pig. It’s messy. It has no rules. No clear beginning, middle or end. It’s kind of a pain in the ass, and when you’re done, you’re not sure if the pig is really clean or even why you were washing a pig in the first place.” — Luke Sullivan
28. “Nothing comes from nothing. You must continuously feed the inner beast that sparks and inspires.” — George Lois
29. “Creative ideas flourish best in a shop which preserves some spirit of fun. Nobody is in business for fun, but that does not mean there cannot be fun in business.” — Leo Burnett
30. Don’t wait for approval. Ask forgiveness, not permission.
31. Change fails when companies treat it like an emergency room visit. Run the sirens a bit, stop the bleed, send everyone home.
32. “Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer.” –Dan Brown
33. “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw
34. “Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open.” – T. Dewar
35. “If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” ― Ken Robinson